vs Sam Houston (3-1)
#3 Oklahoma State (2-1)
Tuesday February 22 • 6:30 pm
Globe Life Field (40300) • Arlington, Texas
radio: KSPI 93.7 FM / stillwaterradio.net (Rex Holt and Matt Davis)
Live stats: okstate.statbroadcast.com
In-game Twitter updates: Tweet embed
• Ohio State University opened the 2022 season with a victory at the top-ranked Vanderbilt, winning the last two games of the series in Nashville. Next, the Cowboys will face Sam Houston at Globe Live Field on Tuesday night before hosting the Wright State in their opening series on their home soil this weekend at Opera Stadium.
• The Cowboys come out of the 36-19-1 season in 2021 as they earn a NCAA regional berth for their eighth in a row. OSU placed fourth in the Big 12 Conference standings at 12-12.
• OSU brought back 13 characters from last year, including four novices and nine pitchers. The highlight of the roster are All-American pre-season Justin CampbellAnd the Victor Medeiros And the Nolan McClainBeside Jake Thompsona pre-selection for All-Big Season 12 alongside Campbell and McClain.
The 2022 season is the tenth under the leadership of OSU Josh Holidaywhich is 322-178-2 at his alma mater.
About Sam Houston
• Sam Houston hosted Nebraska in its opening weekend and defeated the Cornhuskers in three of its four games. Offensively, the Bearkats hit .291 against NU, while their field crew scored a 4.24 ERA.
• Jay Siriani in his third season as coach Sam Houston and has a record career of 40-33.
• The Berkats Cole Wisinski is expected to start at the right hill. Wesneski has had one comfortable appearance this season of 1-0 with 6.00 PM to go along with four strokes in three innings of action.
Cowboys vs. Bearcats
Oklahoma State is 5-5 all-time against Sam Houston (state), but the two programs haven’t met on diamonds since 1989 at the NCAA Midwest Regional in Austin, Texas. In that match, the Cowboys were victorious 6-5.
With its inaugural weekend series win at Vanderbilt, OSU moved up the national rankings this week. Finishing seventh in pre-season, the Cowboys ranked third in the US baseball and collegiate baseball polls this week, matching their all-time highest ranking under Josh Holiday. The Pokes are also ranked 4th in the D1Baseball and Perfect Game polls and 5th in the NCBWA rankings.
From March 4, 2013 to April 3, 2017, OSU was ranked in at least one national survey, a series of 77 consecutive weeks. During that time, the Cowboys spent 18 weeks in the top ten and were ranked number three (by NCBWA in 2014). They finished in the top ten in the final national elections twice under Josh Holiday Tenth in 2014 and fourth in 2016.
Oklahoma State entered the 2022 season as the fifth best team in NCAA baseball history by winning percentage at 0.661.
2,706 and counting
Oklahoma State kicked off the 2022 season 14th on the NCAA Division I winning slate with 2,706. The Cowboys are one of only 14 shows in Division I history to have 2,700 wins, and of those shows, only one—Florida State—played fewer than 110 seasons at OSU.
In nine seasons as head coach at his alma mater, Josh Holiday Fantastic CV.
• The Cowboys earned eight NCAA regional podiums, advanced to three Super Regionals and played in the College World Series for the first time since Holliday was a top Cowboy in 1999.
• OSU has ranked first or second in the Big 12 Conference rankings five times, earned the program’s first-ever regular title in the Big 12 season in 2014 and placed second in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018.
• The Cowboys were in the top ten in the national rankings in 2014 (10) and 2016 (4) after ending the 2013 season where they were ranked No. 19. In 2019, they ranked 11 in the final polls.
• Pokes have added three Big 12 Championships to the program total. In 2014, OSU won its first regular season championship at the Big 12 Conference, and 2017 the club claimed its second Big 12 Championship title in the program’s history. The Cowboys also claimed the Conference Championship title in 2019.
• The OSU hosted the NCAA Regionals in 2014 and 2015 and was the top seeded team both times. The Cowboys were also awarded 9th national, host status, and 1st place by the NCAA Oklahoma City Regional in 2019.
Holiday has trained 71 Top 12 All-Players of the Year players, seven All-Americans, two Top 12 Pitchers of the Year winners, and two New 12 Players of the Year award winners, as well as the Top 12 Players of the Year.
Josh Holiday He recorded his 300th career win as a coach when he led his league to a 5-4 victory over rival Bedlam Oklahoma on March 30 at Stillwater.
Holiday is one of four coaches to reach OSU’s 300 wins, joining Gary Ward (953), Frank Anderson (329) and Toby Green (318), and now ranks third in the all-time winning list with 320.
OSU is 79-47 in once-run games under Josh Holidayand 81 of the Cowboys’ 178 losses under Holiday came with two runs or less.
Armed and dangerous
In nine seasons under Rob WaltonTrend, the show’s crew at Ohio State University has posted impressive numbers.
The Cowboys’ success under Walton includes 26 All-Big 12 shooters, four All-Americans (three of those first team), two Big 12 Pitcher of the Year winners and 22 MLB Draft picks, including the first-rounder.
More on the performance of the Cowboys under Walton, who received the 2016 ABCA/Baseball America Assistant Coach Award:
• Four OSU presentation staff under the Walton ERA scored a 3.29 or lower.
• In 2016, the Cowboys ranked first in the Big 12 with 574 hits, 10 hits and 21 saves, a total that each ranked as the second highest in a single season in school history.
• The OSU staff led the ERA’s Big 12 competition in conference games only in 2014 (2.43) and 2015 (2.50).
• Pokes’ 2.84 ERA in 2015 was ranked eighth nationally and was the lowest by OSU employees since 1973.
• OSU recorded seven closings in 2013, 2014, 2019, and 2021, and recorded 10 pokes in 2016, the second-highest number in a single season in the program’s history. These total numbers also refer to only five of the eight times in the program’s history, with the Cowboys scoring seven or more times in a season; In the 26 seasons prior to 2013, OSU had reached seven closing points just once.
• Jason Horch was a first-round pick in the 2013 MLB Draft, Brendan McCurry (2014), Michael Freeman (2015) and Thomas Hatch (2016) was a first-team All-American and Freeman and Hatch (2016) was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Year.
During Josh HolidayDuring his tenure as head coach, OSU had 49 players selected in the Major League Baseball draft. Fifteen of those were in the top 10 picks, including 2013 number one Jason Horch.
In 2016, OSU tied a program record to 11 MLB draft picks. (The 2007 Cowboys also had 11 recruits.) The 11 draft picks tied the Mississippi Cowboys to third place for most Division I programs in 2016 behind Texas A&M (13) and Southern California (12). Five of those went in the first 10 rounds, which featured the most selections from 10 rounds for OSU since five points were taken in the first 10 rounds in 2008. Seven of the drafted OSU players were bowlers.
In 2019, Ohio State University’s eight draft picks equate to ninth place all-time in any Division I program; All eight were selected in the first 30 rounds, tying the Cowboys in fifth overall in Division One.
American Golden Everyone
Justin Campbell He is a consensus pre-season 1 All-American team with this distinction from D1Baseball, Perfect Game, and NCBWA.
The Cowboy right-hander is also one of the 55 players on the watch list for the Golden Spikes Baseball Awards in the USA.
All American Cowboys
joining Justin Campbell On the OSU Preseason All-American roster they are Victor Medeiros And the Nolan McClain. Mederos was the second-team selection before the All-America season by Baseball America, while McLean was awarded third-team honors by D1Baseball.
12 Big Love Pokes
OSU was selected by the league’s coaches to finish second behind Texas in the 2022 Big 12 Conference standings. Three cowboys – Justin CampbellAnd the Nolan McClain And the Jake Thompson – They were selected for the Preseason All-Big 12 team, while Victor Medeiros He was named a pre-season newcomer for this year and rock regio Pre-season student.
Cowboys in summer
A number of Cowboys had successful stints in various summer tournaments in 2021.
• Marcus Brown He was named Appalachian League Player of the Year. Hit .407 and drove Elizabethton
River Riders in RBIs, running and walking.
• Justin Campbell – Played for Team USA Collegiate National Team.
• Lyle Miller Green – Led the Cape Cod League at the RBIs as a member of Chatham Anglers.
• john bay – Led the Appalachian League with 10 home runs
• Griffin Dorching Second place in the Northwoods League with nine reptiles
• Jackson Kroll – Appalachian League All Stars
• Chase Adkison – Appalachian League All Stars
• Jimmy Ramsey All-Star College Summer League
• Jake Thompson – Cape Cod League All-Star, Brewster Whitecaps lead to the championship
• Roman Vansalkar California Collegiate All-Star Championship and Champion
• Trevor Martin – 27 K at 19.1 IP for Chatham in Cape Cod League, named the most distinguished team
OSU has added six Division I transfers to its 2022 roster – Victor Medeiros (Miami), Biden root (Ohio State), Jimmy Ramsey (Kentucky), Dillon March (Kentucky), David Mindham (South Carolina) and Griffin Dorching (Northern Kentucky). In addition, Cowboys have four new JUCO crossovers with the D1 experience – Lyle Miller Green (George Mason), BRIT BROWN (Texas A&M), Solomon Washington (Tennessee Tech) and Chase Adkison (Boise State).